Club History

Kiwanis International was founded in 1915 by a group of businessmen in Detroit, Michigan, USA. The name "Kiwanis" comes from a Native American expression meaning "we trade" or "we share our talents.“

The Kiwanis Club of Paso Robles stood up in April of 1948. Over the years, other Kiwanis clubs spun off from this original charter to better accommodate member needs and to tailor efforts for specific communities.  These include the Atascadero Club in 1957, the Templeton Club in 1984 and the Paso Robles Morning Club in 2000.  We also sponsored the KIWINS (Key-Wins), a youth group for kids aged 6-18 that received their charter in 2002. In 2004, we sponsored the charter to establish the Key Club at Robles High School; a community service club for high school students.

Your local Kiwanis groups have pitched in to help build such local land marks as the Pioneer Museum and Sherwood Acres Park and today our fundraising efforts help fund scholarships and various community activities in our communities.